The Shops Today Please note that this is private property, respect the owners rights and do not trespass.
The main administration/stores building and the main shop buildings are all that are left standing. The smaller buildings behind the shop were torn down soon after the shops closed December 31, 1959. A variety of small industries have used the buildings since and a few were served by rail. The Machine shop was destroyed by fire on July 9, 1974. It was torn down along with the truck shop soon after.
Tradeway Carpets occupies all three floors of the main building. Ironically, this wholesale/retail company sells carpet and carpet roll remnants where Pullman stored carpet for their cars.
Palecek Importers warehouses and distributes wicker furniture from the original shop building which has been extended several hundred feet.
Richmond Townhomes were built on the area where the Southern Pacific Railroad delivered thousands of Pullman sleepers to the Richmond shops for repair. The shops can be seen in the background.
If you have any information or pictures to add, send them to:
Questions or comments about this site can be sent to email@example.com
This site powered by Modelsmith Web Hosting
© Copyright 2004-2005 PULLMANSHOPS.COM All rights reserved.
Contents of the site may not be used or reproduced in whole or part without express written consent of PULLMANSHOPS.COM.